WCAI 4G Caucus Attracts Government and Industry Experts
The WCAI’s 4G Caucus was a must-attend event for wireless operators, vendors, policymakers and systems integrators staying ahead of the curve as the wireless industry migrates to 4G. Held at the Crystal City, VA Hilton, the technical conference addressed major challenges of the 3G to 4G transition – from backhaul applications and business strategies to the impact of current regulations and spectrum allocations. Attending the 4G Caucus was LBA CEO Lawrence Behr and CTO Chris Horne. Chris also chaired the WCAI Engineering Committee meeting, filling in for Harry Perlow of Sprint. It was a great opportunity to reconnect with our old LBA friends and greet new faces.
The two-day caucus generated many productive debates and announcements from top industry and government officials. Program subjects were cutting edge, and included:
- 4G Network Migration Strategies
- Sprint’s Network Vision Program
- Adapting Regulations to the New Realities of 4G Technologies
- Real-time Actionable Intelligence Strategies for 4G Operators
- Building a 4G Smart Grid Today
- Broadband Spectrum Options for Smart Grid Applications
- Fixed Wireless Innovations: Licensed, Unlicensed, and Hybrid Networks
The WCAI’s 4G Caucus wrapped up April 7 with a semi-annual, member-only joint meeting of the Engineering and Regional Operator committees. Highlights of the event, will be posted on the WCAI website shortly. We at LBA would like to thank everyone who helped make the 4G Caucus a success!